What a coinkidink...After posting my ode to Annie Leonard last Sunday, what should pop up in my Google Reader this week but Leonard's latest video: The Story of Cosmetics.
I'm pretty psyched about this video because I know it's a topic that gets a lot of people pumped up, especially when it comes to protecting our kids. Toxics in our baby products???? Oh, no. We're not having that....
If The Story of Cosmetics has you thinking about the personal care products you've been using, here are a few more places to check out:
- The Environmental Working Group's blog and website are the go-to source for information about this topic. Their latest post: Test your knowledge of cosmetics safety: 8 myths debunked
- Of course, you'll also want to check out the EWG's Cosmetic Safety Database to find out how your current products stand up, and to find new products to replace them with.
- Then you should head over to Healthy Child, Healthy World for more up to date info on this important issue.
- Five Seeds has a great summary and discussion of The Story of Cosmetics video.
- Kitchen Stewardship tested out the effectiveness of 28 sunscreens that score well on the cosmetic safety database.
- I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty (a review of The Green Beauty Guide by Burbanmom)
- Save My Skin (EnviRambo's suggestion to use coconut oil as hand lotion)
- Bubble Baths We Can Feel Good About (JessTrev's rant about toxic chemicals in children's personal care products)
- Let's Have Transparency in Baby Product Labeling (JessTrev's follow up to the bubble bath post)
- Beauty is Skin Deep (a peak at the products Green Bean uses)
- The Great Shampoo Bar Experiment (Greenhabilitator's attempts to find a good shampoo bar)
- No Poo Convert (my no poo success story)
- Making Lotion (Jenn's recipe for homemade lotion)
- Love Love Kiss Kiss Blah Blah Blah (my all natural home spa recipes)
- Skin Care Recipes (a round-up of recipes from Jenn)
- Parent Power (a guest post from Lisa Frack of the EWG)
- The Body Toxic (JessTrev's review of the book by the same name)