- Purge! Most of us have way more stuff than we need, so the first step should be to try and get rid of things you aren't using. If you can donate the items, if not see if you can recycle them.
- Clean and organize before buying boxes and things, this way you know what you need.
- Use what you have. Look around for boxes and baskets you already have that can be used to organize.
- Go DIY. Pinterest has all kinds of ideas for ways to make cute organizers out of things from your recycling bin. Just search around there and Google and you are sure to find some great ideas. For example cereal boxes can be cut and wrapped in pretty paper to make a magazine holder.
- If you have to buy look for good quality containers made from greener materials like natural fiber baskets, bamboo, eco-friendly wood, or at least stainless steel or recycled plastic.
So what are your green organizing tips? Have you found any good eco-friendly organizing products, if so share below.