- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sucanat (could cut this a bit and/or replace some with honey)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 medium ripe bananas (1-2 cups mashed)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Mix the melted butter, sugar, mashed bananas and eggs very well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flours, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture, alternately with hot water.
- Oil the pan.
- Scoop the batter into the pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick (or cake tester) to make to make sure it’s done.
(The picture is old, I no longer use any non-stick pans. :) )