Wait, did someone say homemade snacks?
Cool! I too am a snacker; in fact, these days I rarely have time to eat meals, so I find myself doing that uncivilized thing of eating while I walk. I have a few go to recipes for those moments, and one of my favorites is baked oatmeal
I’m not sure really what to call it–it’s not a quick bread, it’s not a cookie, it’s not a muffin–there’s no flour, so its consistency is really just that of, well, . Except cool and in bar or muffin form.
· 1.5 cups rolled oats (not the "instant" stuff)
· 1/8 cup oat bran (optional)
· 1 tbs. brown sugar
· 1 mashed banana
· 1 egg
· 3/4 cup milk
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· pinch salt
· Few shakes cinnamon, ginger, and/or nutmeg
· 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (opt)
· 1/2 cup (or more!) dried fruit, like cranberries, currants, raisins, blueberries, whatever (add last)